Pectin as nonstarch polysaccharides, belongs to the dietary fiber. Due to the progress of science, nutrition study attaches importance to dietary fiber on human body.Therefore, pectin would be applied in food additives widely as thickner,gel agent and stabilizer in near future.
Pectin is one of the most versatile stabilizers available. The production and application development has been many years and resulted in a large expansion of the opportunities and applicability of pectin.
1. Pectin is a key stabilizer in many food products.
2. Pectin is a natural component of all edible plant material.
3. Pectin is located in the plant cell walls and in a layer between the cells called middle lamella.
4. Pectin gives firmness to the plants and influences growth and water household.
5. Pectin is a soluble dietary fiber.
6. Pectin is a polymer of galacturonic acid and with that an acidic polysaccharide, and Part of the acids are present as methyl est