1. Use of lactic acid in the food industry
1) lactic acid has a strong antisepsis effect, can be used in wine, beverage, meat, food, confectionery, vegetables, olives, cucumber, pearl Onions) canning and fruit processing, food processing, storage, has antibacterial, adjust pH value, prolong the shelf life keep food, flavor, color, improve product quality, and so on;
2) in terms of seasonings, the unique sour taste of lactic acid can increase the delicacy of food. A certain amount of lactic acid is added to salad, soy sauce, vinegar and other condiments, which can maintain the stability and safety of microorganisms in the product and make the taste more mild.
3) due to its mild acidity, lactic acid can also be used as the preferred acid agent for carefully prepared soft drinks and fruit juices;
4) when brewing beer, adding an appropriate amount of lactic acid can not only adjust pH value to promote saccharification, but also facilitate yeast fermentation, improve beer quality, increase beer flavor and extend shelf life. Used in liquor, sake and fruit wine to adjust pH, prevent the growth of bacteria, enhance the acidity and refreshing taste; 5. Buffered lactic acid can be used in hard sugars, fruit sugars and other confectionery products with moderate acidity and low sugar conversion rate. Lactic acid powder can be used in all kinds of confectionery powder, as a powder sour agent;
5) natural lactic acid is the natural ingredient in dairy products. It has the taste of dairy products and good anti-microbial effect. It has been widely used in the preparation of yoghurt, cheese, ice cream and other foods, and has become a popular sour flavor agent for dairy products.
6) lactic acid powder is a direct acid regulator used in the production of buckwheat. Lactic acid is a naturally fermented acid that gives bread its distinctive flavor. Lactic acid, as a natural sour taste regulator, is used for flavoring and antibacterial action in baked goods such as bread, cake and biscuit, and can improve the quality of food, maintain color and prolong the shelf life.
2. Use of lactic acid in medicine
1) lactic acid steam disinfection in wards, operating rooms, laboratories and other places can effectively kill bacteria in the air, reduce diseases and improve health;
2) widely used as preservatives, carrier agents, cosolvents, pharmaceutical preparations and pH regulators in medicine;
3) lactic acid polymerization leads to polylactic acid, which can be drawn into silk and spun into thread. This thread is a good surgical suture, which can be automatically degraded into lactic acid and absorbed by the human body without adverse consequences without removing stitches after the seam is healed. In particular, the internal surgical suture can avoid the trouble of removing the suture in the second operation. The polymer compound can be used as an adhesive in organ transplantation and bone grafting.
4) lactic acid can be directly prepared into drugs or lactate for use;
5) restriction of ganglion muscle vitality and anti-fatigue.
3. Use of lactic acid in industry
1) lactic acid is used in the fermentation industry to control pH value and improve fermentation purity;
2) in the cigarette industry, it can maintain the humidity of tobacco, remove impurities in tobacco, change the taste, improve the grade of tobacco, lactic acid can also neutralize nicotine nicotine, reduce harmful ingredients to human body and improve the quality of tobacco;
3) in the textile industry, it is used to process fiber, which can make fiber easy to color, increase luster and make the touch soft;
4) used as pH regulator and synthesis agent in coating ink industry; In the plastic fiber industry, PLA is the preferred raw material for degradable PLA.
5) lactic acid can also be used as the starting material of polylactic acid to produce a new generation of biodegradable plastics;
6) in the leather industry, lactic acid can remove the lime and calcium in leather, making the leather soft and fine, so as to make high-grade leather;
7) lactic acid, due to its unique complexation constant for nickel, is often used in nickel plating process. It can also be used as an acid-base buffer and stabilizer in the plating bath. In the microelectronics industry, its unique high purity and low metal content meet the requirements of the semiconductor industry for high quality, as a safe organic solvent can be used for the cleaning of sensitive materials;
8) lactic acid, as a pH regulator and synthesis agent, can be applied to the adhesion system of various water-based coatings. Such as: electrodeposition coating. Lactic acid products have a low boiling point and are ideal for safe solution systems for high solids coatings. Lactic acid product series provides an opportunity for the production of coatings with good fluid properties and high solids.
9) lactic acid has the function of cleaning and descaling, which is better than the traditional organic descaling agent for washing and cleaning products. Therefore, it can be used in many descaling products. For example: toilet, bathroom, coffee machine cleaner. Lactic acid is antimicrobial and synergistic when used in conjunction with other antimicrobial agents such as ethanol.
The use of lactic acid in the cosmetic industry
1) as l-lactic acid is part of the natural moisturizing factor inherent in the skin , it is widely used as a moisturizer for many skin care products. L-lactic acid is the most effective AHA and has little stimulation.
2) l-lactic acid is naturally present in the hair, and its function is to make the hair surface shiny, so lactic acid is often used as a pH regulator of various hair care products;
3) lactic acid can be used as a moisturizer in a variety of bath products, such as body wash, bar soap and moisturizing honey. Used as a pH regulator in liquid soaps, soaps, and shampoos. In addition, lactic acid added to bar soap can reduce the loss of moisture during storage, thus preventing soap from drying.
5. Use of lactic acid in agricultural products and agriculture
1) lactic acid with optical purity of more than 99% can be used to produce slow-release pesticides, such as herbicides, in the field of pesticides. It is non-toxic, harmless and efficient to crops and soil;
2) lactic acid polymer is used to produce agricultural film, which can replace plastic plastic film. It can be decomposed by bacteria and absorbed by soil, which is conducive to environmental protection;
3) lactic acid is also used as a green fodder storage agent and forage maturation agent;
4) used as growth promoter in pig and poultry feed. Lactic acid can reduce the PH value in the stomach, activate digestive enzymes, improve the ability of amino acid digestion, and is good for the growth of intestinal epithelium. Piglets fed a diet containing acidifiers for a few weeks after weaning gained up to 15 percent of their body weight during weaning.
5) lactic acid inhibits the growth of microorganisms. Lactating piglets can be infected with diseases caused by e. coli and salmonella. The addition of lactic acid into the feed can prevent the growth of pathogenic bacteria in the lower gastrointestinal tract of piglets.
6) lactic acid can be used as a preservative for feed and as a microbial stabilizer for by-products of feed, grain and meat processing products;
7) adding lactic acid into the drinking water of poultry and piglets can effectively inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria and increase the speed of weight gain of animals.