Sodium pyrophosphate, molecular formula Na4P2O7·10H2O, relative molecular weight 446.07. Also known as sodium diphosphate, there is no water and ten water. The water substance is colorless or white crystal or crystalline powder, the anhydrous substance is white powder, soluble in water, insoluble in ethanol and other organic solvents.In the food industry, can be used for soy sauce, bean sauce.
|Appearance||white crystal or powder|
|Water-insoluble % ≤||1.0|
|Fluoride (F)% ≤||10 ppm|
|Heavy metal (Pb) ≤||10 ppm|
|Lead (Pb) ≤||4 ppm|
|Arsenic (As)% ≤||3 ppm|
|Loss on burning(105℃)%≤||0.5|
|Storage||in dry and cool place|
|Packing||25 kg per bag|
(1) Canned poultry such as duck Sibao, mushroom duck wing and mushroom stewed duck are easy to release hydrogen sulfide in the heating process. Hydrogen sulfide reacts with iron ions in the tank to produce black iron sulfide, which affects the quality of finished products. The addition of compound phosphate has a good chelating effect on metal ions and can improve the quality of finished products.
(2) In canned pork sausage, compound phosphate (60% sodium pyrophosphate, 40% sodium tripolyphosphate) is added when the meat is chopped and mixed.
(3) Foreign used in fish meat products, complex phosphate (60% sodium pyrophosphate, 40% sodium tripolyphosphate).
(4) Can be used as a melting agent, emulsifier in cheese, can make the calcium casein in cheese release calcium ions, increase the viscosity of casein, get soft, stretchy products. It is generally used in combination with sodium pyrophosphate, orthophosphate and metaphosphate, and the dosage is not more than 0.9%(calculated as P).
(5) Used for soy sauce and soybean paste, the usage amount is about 0.005%~0.3%, can prevent the soybean paste Browning, improve the color.