CAS No. :532-32-1
Melting point: 122-123℃
Molecular Weight: 144.10
Appearance:White crystalline powder
Sodium Benzoate (formula: C6H5CO2Na), E number: E211. It is the sodium salt of benzoic acid. The most common form of sodium benzoate is white granular, odourless or microstrip benzoin odor. Sodium benzoate dissolves in (normal temperature) water easily around 53.0g/100ml. PH value is around 8. Sodium benzoate is also acidic preservative, it has no bactericidal and bacteriostatic effect. The most suitable value of antiseptic is 2.5-4.0.
1. Sodium benzoate is mainly used as food preservatives, it can also be used in making medicine and dye etc.
2. Used in medicine industry and plant genetic research, as well as dye intermediate, sterilizing agent and preservative.
3. Preservative; antimicrobial
4. Sodium benzoate is also an important acid type food preservatives, it becomes effective form benzoic acid when using. The range of application and the usage amount refers to benzoic acid. In addition, it can also be used as preservative of fodder.
Loss on drying/%
Appearance of solution
Readily oxidizable substance
Acidity and alkalinity
We are specialized in food additives for many year. We have FDA, SGS, CNAS, ITAT, CO and health certificate etc.
5.Service and Shipping
1. Can you provide free sample?
2. How about your factory's certification?
GMP, FAD, ISO, Kosher, etc.
3. How about the packing?
Usually we provide the packing as 25 kg / bag or carton. Of course, if you have special requirements on them, we will according to you.
4. How about the validity of the products?
According to the products you ordered.
5. What documents you provide?
Usually, we provide Commerical Invoice, Packing List, Bill of loading, COA , Health certificate and Origin certificate. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
6. How to contact us ?
You can choose your interested products and send inquiry to us.
You can dial our telephone directly, you will get our reply.
Send Email to us.