CAS No. :532-32-1
Molecular Weight: 144.10
Appearance:White crystalline powder
Sodium Benzoate (formula: C6H5CO2Na), E number: E211. It is the sodium salt of benzoic acid. The most common form of sodium benzoate is white granular, odourless or microstrip benzoin odor. Sodium benzoate dissolves in (normal temperature) water easily around 53.0g/100ml. PH value is around 8. Sodium benzoate is also acidic preservative, it has no bactericidal and bacteriostatic effect. The most suitable value of antiseptic is 2.5-4.0.
1. Sodium benzoate is mainly used as food preservatives, it can also be used in making medicine and dye etc.
2. Used in medicine industry and plant genetic research, as well as dye intermediate, sterilizing agent and preservative.
3. Preservative; antimicrobial
4. Sodium benzoate is also an important acid type food preservatives, it becomes effective form benzoic acid when using. The range of application and the usage amount refers to benzoic acid. In addition, it can also be used as preservative of fodder.
Loss on drying /%
Appearance of solution
Readily oxidizable substance
Acidity and alkalinity
Heavy metals /%
We are specialized in food additives for many year. We have FDA, SGS, CNAS, ITAT, CO and health certificate etc.
5.Service and Shipping
1. Where is your loading port?
Usually Huangpu port, Guangzhou.
2.How to confirm the Product Quality before placing orders?
You can get free samples for some products,you only need to pay the shipping cost or arrange a courier to us and take the samples.
3.What’s your MOQ?
For the high value product, our MOQ starts from 1kg. For other low price product, our MOQ starts from 25kg and 100kg.
4. Is there a discount?
Yes, for larger quantity, we always support with better price.
5.How do you treat quality complaint?
First of all, our quality control will reduce the quality problem to near zero. If there is a quality problem caused by us, we will send you free goods for replacement or refund your loss.