Carrageenan (Carrageen, CAS 9000-07-1), also called pelvetia silquosa glue, Carrageen glue, Irish moss glue, is a kind of red algae from the sea (including Carrageen, algae eucheuma, Chinese fir belongs to food and sand, etc.) to extract the polysaccharide collectively, is a mixture of a variety of material, usually in the food industry it is used as thickener, gelling agent, emulsifier and stabilizer.
Solubility: insoluble in cold water, but can swell into a block of glue, insoluble in organic solvents, easily soluble in hot water into translucent colloidal solution (the dissolution rate increased in hot water above 70℃;
● Gelation: in the presence of potassium ions can generate heat reversible gel;
● Thickening: low concentration of the formation of low viscosity of the sol, close to the Newtonian fluid, the concentration of high viscosity of the sol, it is a non-Newtonian fluid.
● Synergy: synergistic effect with colloid such as locust bean gum, Konjac gum and Xanthan gum can improve the elasticity and water retention of the gel;
Health value: Carrageenan has the basic characteristics of soluble dietary fiber. After being degraded in vivo, carrageenan can form soluble complex with blood fibrin. It can be decomposed into CO2, H2, methane, short-chain fatty acids such as formic acid, acetic acid and propionic acid by coliform bacteria, and become the energy source of probiotics.
Snowy White Powder
95% min. thru 120 mesh
Total Ash Content (%)
Gel Strength (1.5%w/w,0.2%KCl, g/cm2)
PH level of
Arsenic content (ppm)
Total Plant Count (cfu/g)
Yeasts and Molds(cfu/g)
negative in 10g
negative in 5g
Food and other domestic uses
Desserts, ice cream, cream, milkshakes, salad dressings, sweetened condensed milks, and sauces: gel to increase viscosity.
Beer: clarifier to remove haze-causing proteins
Toothpaste: stabilizer to prevent constituents separating
Fruit Gushers: ingredient in the encapsulated gel
Fire fighting foam: thickener to cause foam to become sticky
Shampoo and cosmetic creams: thickener
Biotechnology: gel to immobilize cells/enzymes
Pharmaceuticals: used as an inactive excipient in pills/tablets
Soy milk and other plant milks: used to thicken, in an attempt to emulate the consistency of whole milk
Diet sodas: to enhance texture and suspend flavours
Pet food,Personal lubricants,Vegetarian hot dogs
A 2006 in vitro study and a 2007 mouse study at the National Cancer Institute in the United States suggested that carrageenans might function as a topical microbicide. A 1987 in vitro study in Spain revealed a broad spectrum antiviral activity of carrageenan.
1. To supply high- quality products with reasonable prices in food
2. To follow orders and arrange shipping in time, providing complete
documents for Customs clearance according to different export policies
in different countries.
3. To take all the responsibility in case of product quality problems.
4. To inform customers of price trends in the market timely.
Perfect after-sale service
1. Any inquiries will be replied within 12 hours.
2. Dedicated to high quality, stable supply and considerate service.
3. Strict on raw material selection.
4. Reasonable & competitive prices with short lead time.
5. Sample is available for your evaluation and formulation development.
6. Fast delivery: quick supply of sample in stock and 3-7 days for bulk production.
7. Shipment: we have established solid cooperation with DHL, TNT, UPS, FedEx, EMS and air freight, as well as
sea shipping companies for many years. And it is possible that we use your own shipping agent.
Paypal,T/T ,Western union, Swift Bank, Moneygram, etc.
1. What are your payment terms?
Usually TT, western union, moneygram or paypal.
2. What's your delivery time?
It depends on order quantity, usually we will arrange shipment within 3 20 days.
3. How about the packing?
Usually we provide the packing as 25 kg 1 bag or carton. Of course, if you have special requirements for
them, we will adjust according to you.
4. When can I get reply?
Our sales manager will contact you within 24 hours!
5. How about the validity of products?
According to the products you order, usually 2 years.
6. What documents do you provide?
Usually, we provide Commercial Invoice, Packing List, Bill of Loading, COA, Health Certificate and Origin
Certificate,etc. If there are any special requirements in your market, please let us know.
7. Can I get sample before order?
Yes, we can provide free sample once price is agreed, and you have to pay us the delivery fee in advance.
8. Where is your loading port?
Usually Huangpu port, Guangzhou.